About Scoot Boots
Dave MacDonald is the creator and innovator of the Scoot Boots. He had spent a total of 30 years working with horses and 12 years as a full time farrier when he developed the world's first practical hoof boot, the "Old Macs" multi-purpose hoof boot in 1998.
Since the advent of the "Old Mac" hoof boot many new hoof boot designs have entered the world boot market to cater for the rapidly growing industry of barefoot trimming and booting.
The Scoot Boot is the latest innovation in hoof boot technology which is superior to any other horse boot on the market. This is due to its simplicity and ease of fit. Unlike other hoof boots, the Scoot Boot will not get soggy, heavy or wet when riding through muddy and wet terrain due to a sleek one piece shell. The Scoot Boot is constructed of very strong thermo plastic urethane (TPU) as well as the securing straps, which gives the Scoot Boot superb strength to stand up to all types of terrain that you and your horse may ride over.
- Easy on easy off
- Will not get soggy, heavy or wet when riding through muddy and wet terrain
- Superb strength over all types of terrain
- Larger fitting range
- No cables or Velcro
- Lightweight - approximatelly 280grams (9 ounces) a boot
- Excellent drainage
- Easy to clean
- No adjustment is required as securement is achieved by parts of the hoof that do not grow
- unparalleled for security and traction
- Does not turn on the hoof
- Will fit hooves securely throughout a whole trimming cycle
- Great ventilation and breathability for hot climate riding
Unlike other hoof boots, Scoot Boot is easy to place onto a hoof. There is no Velcro to clog with mud, hair and other debris and there are no cables to break that need replacing. Due to their ease of use, any person from the very young to the very old will be able to fit the Scoot Boot onto their horse's hooves.
The Scoot Boot will also fit more hoof shapes than any other boot on the market. Whether your horse's hoof is longer than wider or wider than longer, the Scoot Boot will give you a very secure fit.